Movit Products Limited (MPL) is a leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan. Movit Products Limited manufactures healthy beauty hair, skin and nail care products aimed at empowering every person to face life with confidence. As part of our new strategic journey 2017-2020, we are expanding our operations and strengthening our structures to meet our customers’ needs. We seek to recruit a competent person to fill the following vacant position.
1. Stores Manager (01)
How to apply:
a) Download the MPL Job Application Form, (Click To Download) fill it and send it as an
attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 1MBs). Please quote the
name of the job title in the subject line.
Closing date will be 31st January 2018.
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest in working with Movit
Products Limited, Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
1. Job Title: Stores Manager
Reports to: Director Production and Supply Chain
The Stores Manager will be responsible for managing the flow and storage of raw
materials, packing materials and finished goods.
Key duties and Responsibilities
1. The successful candidate will develop departmental work plans to drive the
achievement of the company’s strategic objectives.
2. Lead the stores team, allocate work to staff and follow up on execution.
3. Monitor inventory levels and ensure availability of raw materials during
4. Approve stores transactions such as purchase requisitions, overtime facilitation,
goods issued etc. to facilitate operational activities.
5. Manage the verification of goods purchased against the purchase orders.
6. Develop and implement procedures and guidelines on storage, stock control
distribution and logistics management in accordance with departmental plans;
7. Manage and supervise order processing in the stores, including planning and
allocation of work schedules in accordance with the stores management manual;
8. Liaise with other departmental managers to determine supply needs and plan
future orders to avoid deficit; and
9. Plan, organize and oversee periodic cycle counts and stocking exercises to provide
10. Oversee the distribution of supplies within Movit, so that departments only
receive what they need and what they requested for;
11. Manage movement stores records and documentation of all materials/ goods
received and issued;
12. Generate reports on stock positions and consumption patterns for the entire raw
materials/ product range and;
13. Perform any other related tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
1. The ideal candidate for the Stores Manager position must hold Masters degree in
Procurement and Logistics Management or any Business related course from a
2. Professional Certification in Procurement & Supplies (CIPS) is a plus;
3. A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in Stores Management
three (3) of which at a Manager level in a busy environment;
4. Working knowledge of ERP System is an added advantage;
5. Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily
management details and remaining organized and focused;
6. Ability to assess problems and develop solutions; and
7. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and excellent organization skills